Tuesday, July 17, 2012




I see you at last! Welcome!





1. What makes you happy?….. in 5 words or less….?
2. Which talent would you most like to have?
3. Which words or phrases do you overuse most?
4. What is your favorite movie, book or both?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world for a creative retreat where might it be?
..............................................

  1. Nature (one word) makes me happy, sunshine, the ocean, clouds, plants, animals and birds all fill me with awe and wonder and make me happy to be alive.


    2.   The ability to visually abbreviate, see and portray the true essence of things.



    3.          "Yes/no" ( it means yes, I understand what you are saying but no, I don't agree)



 4. I loved "In the Land of Blood and Honey" directed by Angelina Jolie. I loved that they used local actors and the raw conflicting emotions. Also it was an insight into a war I knew little about.
I also enjoyed Game of Thrones on TV and Homeland and the TV series "Work of art."


just to see if  you are paying attention LOL!


Book: A Fine Balance, the second book by Rohinton Mistry. Set in Mumbai, India
between 1975 and 1984 during the turmoil of The Emergency, a period of expanded government power and crackdowns on civil liberties, this book is about four characters from varied backgrounds—Dina Dalal, Ishvar Darji, his nephew Omprakash Darji and the young student Maneck Kohlah—who come together and develop a bond.Winner of the Giller Prize.
I read this book when my son was ill, it took some doing but it was well worth it!




5. I love solitude and I love the sense of lives gone before me that you get in a really old house, so I am supposing a ruin of a previous civilization in a remote and beautiful place would tick all my boxes. maybe Easter Island or somewhere like that?
Thanks for coming over,


 grab a cuppa




 and stay a while, look around and  while I am away at your place checking out your answers and getting to know you better, help yourself to a cake!



I would love it if you left a comment?

Have  great Day!
Lee

PS. While you are here do you think I should change the name to NOT just another middleaged blogger to create more interest?Let me know what you think?

20 comments:

  1. Love the coffee cup picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first answer...I could have written the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! thanks for the coffee and cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super post, very creative. Love the eye, your blog name, and the cuppa of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes/No - I love it! And thank you very much for the cupcake! I say "NOT". Because you are NOT! That's my vote...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee, I love your blog! That just to see if your are paying attention photo is hilarious! Fine Balance is one of my all time favorite books too. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm really enjoying this class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love taking nature walks also. Just saw the land of blood and honey. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun blog! I love the animation you used in "Five Questions". I haven't mastered that yet. Absolutely crazy about how you responded to our "quiz". Thanks for visiting me at "Camper".

    Dotti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote NOT. very clever animation, love the polaroid shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed reading your 5 answers, Lee !
    Thanks for the coffee and the cake :-)
    Have a nice day,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Wow! I live in Mumbai and I haven't read that book; thanks for that heads up. This has been so much fun going through your answers haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lee great blog and love your answers to our 5 questions, thanks for the cuppa . And thanks for visiting me at my blog.
    Viv (desktop dreams)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, A Fine Balance...an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your visuals--also appreciate the "feeling" your blog gives the reader right away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes...I vote NOT too! Your answer to #1 is on my list as well...nature is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Lee! Thanks for the link ;-)
    First the vote: I vote NOT too. Just because it's true : you are NOT "just" another middle-aged blogger.
    I love your side bars, always very beautiful color tones.
    Great answers too!
    Marleen (BTS)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cute gifs you used after your answers...very clever.You blog background is beautiful.
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the cuppa and the cakes :) I enjoyed them
    Loved the unique way you shared your answers.. great getting to know you
    xo

    ReplyDelete


I'd love to hear about you. Please take a moment to tell me a little about yourself.
Thanks for leaving a comment I treasure each and every one.

Followers