Sunday, November 9, 2014

Family Disappearing

Our family is disappearing, I have precious few relatives left. Mum is the last of her immediate family, all her brothers and sisters are gone. Dad died almost 60 years ago and of his family only one remains and she is hospitalized with dementia.
A long lost cousin rang the other day and it was wonderful to talk to her.I find it amazing that I felt an immediate connection and affection for someone I have rarely seen, why is that?A strange phenomenon indeed!
I have been very lazy uploading pics from the camera but I do have some my wonderful daughter in law sent me.







My daughter in law does an amazing job, she is much better Mum than I was. She is patient and tolerant and ensures that the children explore themselves and participate in and enjoy the world around them .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lee, I want to thank you for visiting my blog post on my traditional Christmas home and garden preview, and for leaving a comment of your visit. I love meeting new readers and returning the visits. Your blog background is gorgeous! Your commentary on your family disappearing saddens me a bit, as yes, I do love entertaining, and it is most always for family. I am the youngest of 9 siblings, and our parents were contemporary in age, it appears, to yours. MY mother always hosted Christmas and other holidays, and I am enjoying being able to carry on that tradition for what family remains or returns to our home area for the holidays. It is a blessing to have a home large enough to be able to do that, and I am thankful for the fact that our family still considers it important to gather at least for special occasions. I wish you joy in the days ahead and perhaps another chance to visit.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to take the time to visit,you must be enormously busy with all that you do! I can't imagine what it must have been like in a family of nine, raising four was chaos LOL! When I looked at your home I could easily see it crowded with people of all ages laughing and talking. I am not psychic or psycho (LOL) and that rarely happens but it was almost like a vision.The house spoke to me, like when you are shopping for a new home one out of many will "speak to you" and you know its the right one! I felt exactly the same when we found the land for our now home .Have a wonderful,love filled Christmas.

      Delete


I'd love to hear about you. Please take a moment to tell me a little about yourself.
Thanks for leaving a comment I treasure each and every one.

Followers