Friday, November 14, 2014

Not a writer

My elder sister is the smart one, or so she says, LOL!. She is doing a writing course at the moment and maybe this is something she should think about.
 Old wives tales
By that I mean cures passed on down generations, there are so many wonderful stories that will soon be lost out there unless someone documents them.
Here is one and an example of what I mean
My mother remembers that when her grandfathers' (I think) dog got bitten by a very poisonous snake
he slit a large (bulk) bag of salt open and placed the dog in it and he recovered. I don't know why,
I can only assume the salt drew out the poison but I would dearly like to know.
There are a million old timer stories out there, someone should save them


No comments:

Post a Comment


I'd love to hear about you. Please take a moment to tell me a little about yourself.
Thanks for leaving a comment I treasure each and every one.

Followers